Utilizing a Change Control System to deal with changes to a project
As we've stated in our other articles or as you may already know, a change control system is a set of procedures that ensure changes are brought forth and implemented in an organized manner.
- Perform Stakeholder Analysis, Risk and Impact Assessments.
- Estimate Cost and Hours.
- CCB reviews the change and either approves, declines or escalates to Steering Committee.
- If escalated, the Steering Committee either approves or declines the change.
- If approved, change is implemented and documentation is updated.
- QA team verifies the change.
- Follow-up and monitor the change.